Human Resources Analyst
Monthly salary range: $5,033 to $6,423
The district offers a generous benefit package.
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Southgate Recreation & Park District is seeking a talented professional to fill the role of their Human Resources Analyst. This is a rewarding opportunity to join a team committed to providing recreation and park services to residents of South Sacramento, a socially, economically, and culturally diverse community.
About Southgate Recreation & Park District
Southgate Recreation & Park District is an independent special district established in 1956 to serve the residents of South Sacramento. The District is governed by an elected five-member Board of Directors.
The District encompasses a 52-square mile area of unincorporated South Sacramento County. In this area, the District currently maintains 47 parks, 6 community centers, 2 aquatic facilities, a golf course, and numerous landscape corridors and nature preserves. The District’s primary goal and its public charge is to provide recreation and park services to the 125,000 residents it serves. Over the next twenty years, the District expects to add approximately 500 acres of park land and green space as new subdivision developments occur.
Working as a Human Resources Analyst
The Human Resources Analyst will report to the Administration Manager, and is responsible for recruiting, hiring, payroll processing, confidential personnel records management, and other human resource services for the District. As a key member of the team, the incumbent in this position will be responsible for administering personnel policies, and ensuring that appropriate hiring, training, personnel development, evaluation, and corrective action occurs, in accordance with fair labor standards, safety standards, and established policies. The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, traits, and competencies:
- Knowledge of payroll accounting practices and procedures and personnel records management
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws, regulations and practices
- Outstanding communication skills through written correspondence and reports as well as verbal presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows and payroll processing software
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer services skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and schedules
- Ability to work and collaboratively and demonstrate sound judgment
- A team player who can also work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
For more information about this position, benefits, the experience and education requirements, and to apply online, please visit our website at: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cpshr/transferjobs
For questions, please contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Phone: (916) 471-3348
To view an online brochure for this position visit: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cpshr/transferjobs
Southgate Recreation & Park District website: www.southgaterecandpark.net
The Southgate Recreation & Park District is an equal opportunity employer.